Intermediate Trail Running
Tortoise & Hare Sports Trail Running Group Kicks Off on July 14, 2011
Trail running is some of the most beautiful and enjoyable running you can ever do. Tortoise & Hare Sports is offering a10-week, intermediate trail running group to prepare runners for the Cactus Cha Cha 7 mile trail race on Sept 25, 2011. Runners are encouraged to join even if they don’t want to run this race. Trail running experience is not necessary. The first group trail run is Sunday, July 17 at 6 a.m. Orientation is Thursday, July 14 at 7pm.
- Orientation: Thursday, July 14th @ 7pm
- First Run: Details coming soon
- Meets: Twice weekly on Wednesdays at 7pm & Sundays at 6am
- Where: Various trailheads around the west valley
- Goal Race: Cactus Cha Cha 7 Mile
- Prerequisite: Run at least three times a week with long runs of at least 4 miles, with a minimum pace of 10 minute miles
- Cost: $110
- Complimentary Race Entry!
- Parking Passes to all trail runs in Mountain Preserves
- Short-sleeve technical top, running hat
- $20 voucher toward the purchase of a new pair of trail shoes from Tortoise & Hare Sports (highly recommended)
- Chance to learn about some of the great trails surrounding the west valley
- All running routes planned for you
- Training tips and Q&A sessions during each group training run
- Special shopping opportunities on footwear and apparel
- Access to exclusive VIP area on race day with gear check
- Educational clinics on topics like running form, injury prevention, stretching, hydration, etc.
- Meet new people and have lots of fun
Space is limited so register today! Print out the registration form below and/or stop by Tortoise & Hare Sports to pay your program fee to secure your spot.